Data security is a growing market requirement for businesses of all sizes today. While many companies have invested heavily ... Read More
This product is no longer in stock
Data security is a growing market requirement for businesses of all sizes today. While many companies have invested heavily toward thwarting network-based attacks and other virtual threats, few effective safeguards have been readily available to protect against potentially costly exposures of proprietary data resulting from hard drive "data at rest" being stolen, misplaced, retired, or redeployed.
When used in conjunction with our ServeRAID M5015, ServeRAID M5014, ServeRAID M5110, ServeRAID M1115, or ServeRAID M1015 SAS/SATA controllers with optional M5000 or M1000 Series Advance Feature Keys, the IBM 6 Gbps SAS 2.5-inch SFF self-encrypting drives address these security concerns by combining 6 Gbps SAS performance with hard-drive-based Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) 128 disk encryption.
- 6 Gbps Hot-Swap SAS for optimal performance and system availability
- 2.5-inch 600 GB 10,000 rpm and 900 GB 10,000 rpm SED offerings
- Drive-level AES 128 encryption
- A safeguard against costly security breaches and exposure of proprietary data if a hard drive is stolen or lost
- Help to ensure compliancy with data security, information disclosure, and privacy regulations for data at rest
- The ability to securely erase data for disk disposition, redeployment, or service calls
- Encryption functionality supported when used in conjunction with supported ServeRAID controllers and optional Advance Feature Keys
- MegaRAID Management Suite (MSM), which offers a quick and simple configuration path to disk encryption and also assists with local key management